I quite like tofu. I really like agedashi tofu. I decided to have tofu for dinner last night. I feel compelled to share my preparation method with you because the end result was delicious.
- Cut a block of firm tofu in half (this is for one person, BTW).
- Dry it gently but well using paper towels.
- Cut it into cube-esque shapes.
- On a plate, sprinkle 1/2 cup of shredded coconut, 1/2 tsp each of turmeric, cumin, sesame seeds (I love black ones) and chilli flakes.
- Mix it well, and then carefully roll your tofu bits to coat them.
- Fry in a dot of coconut oil.
- Top with fresh coriander and lime juice.
I have now also baked using coconut flour for the first time ever. After reading and hearing that it’s a bit of a pain to work with and get right, I selected a recipe from a website that I reasoned would not steer me wrong, given its name – The Coconut Mama. It worked brilliantly, though it took closer to an hour to cook.
Lemon Loaf with a Delicious Lemon Glaze
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil (Find HERE) or butter, melted
- zest from 2 lemons
- juice from 2 lemons plus enough milk of choice (coconut milk from can or box, dairy milk, almond milk, etc.) to equal 1 cup*
- ⅓ cup pure honey
- ⅔ cup coconut flour (do NOT substitute another type of flour – it will not work! You can find coconut flour HERE)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
*Juice your 2 lemons and pour the lemon juice in a 1 cup measuring cup. Add enough milk to the lemon juice until you reach 1 cup.
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (dairy free use coconut oil)
- 2 tablespoons pure honey
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice (I use THIS coconut milk)
- zest and juice from 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all the lemon bread ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Pour into a greased bread pan and bake for 32-45 minutes (mine was perfect at the 35 minute mark, but it may take up to 45 minutes) or until golden on top and middle is cooked through. (If the top starts to get too brown towards the end of the cooking time, put some foil over the top.)
- Let cool.
To make the lemon glaze:
- While the lemon loaf is cooking, mix all glaze ingredients together in a small pot over low heat until it starts to simmer.
- Remove from heat and let sit to cool.
- Once cooled, put in the fridge to firm up.
- Once loaf is cooled and glaze is firmer, pour the glaze over the top of the loaf.
- Refrigerate the loaf at least 30 minutes – 1 hour until both the glaze and the loaf firms up a bit.
- Enjoy! Store leftovers refrigerator.
I ate some with stewed peaches and coyo for breakfast. It was like eating dessert at 8am …
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE POSTS FROM THE ARCHIVES …