As Week 2 of my detox dawns, I feel I must make a confession – I have not completely eschewed coffee. BUT! Before those tsk-tsks and tut-tuts start, allow me to explain.
A brilliant way to repurpose coffee grounds is to use them as a face and body scrub. Exfoliating with coffee grounds improves circulation, leaving you with smooth, glowing skin. The caffeine from used coffee grounds can temporarily reduce the appearance of cellulite and give your skin a firmer appearance.
I have been scrubbing my squishier bits for a few weeks now. I tried a coffee grounds face scrub for the first time last night and my skin still looks and feels beautiful.
There you go!
Obviously, toxins do not arrive in our bodies merely through what we ingest. The fact is, much of what we place on our skin is absorbed into our bloodstream. Just think about nicotine patches. Without being paranoid about it, I have started using body, hair and cleaning products with fewer chemicals:
- Shampoo, conditioner, face wash and sunscreen by Natural Instinct
- Deonat Sports Deodorant Stick
- Moo Goo Full Cream Moisturiser
- Epsom Salts in the bath water for both myself and the children
- Enviro Clean dishwashing liquid and my Eco Cloth, which I am in love with
- Propolis toothpaste and a bamboo toothbrush
- White vinegar for general cleaning
- Aware washing powder
I think that’s a good start.